top of page
  • Admin

British: Essex Farm Royal Engineers Orderly Room

Updated: Apr 1, 2023


Authors image

Often overlooked, is the low concrete wall remains of the Royal Engineers Orderly Room. It was constructed by the engineers of the 38th Division, who supplied the engineering support and maintained the bridges across the canal, and was used as their headquarters.

Linesman map showing No.4 bridge at Essex Farm and the dugouts on the Canal bank

On 8 May 1917, 124 Field Company, R.E. held a Field General Court Martial in this bunker. On trial was 92575 Sapper D M Grace. The War Diary records:



Authors image


14 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comentários


Os comentários foram desativados.
bottom of page